If you love to shop, your Weaverville Vacation will feel like a shopaholic’s paradise. Traditional Blue Ridge mountain crafts, fine arts, boutique clothing, even unique heirloom plants for your garden – everything from art to zinnias is within easy shopping distance. Two world-renowned schools have kept traditional mountain arts alive and thriving, and numerous area craft guild stores offer the finest examples of blown glass, pottery and ceramics, hand-loomed textiles, traditional woven baskets, and fine art and jewelry.
The WNC mountains attract contemporary artists in all media; Asheville’s River District studios are home to painters, sculptors, weavers, art glass makers, and ceramicists.
1. Antiques. Antiques lovers will love shopping in and around Weaverville, NC. Antique stores, barns and small vendors dot the Weaverville area - you'll enjoy the hunt and the results. A slew of antiques galleries lines Asheville’s Biltmore Avenue, Main Street in Weaverville, and 7th Avenue in Hendersonville.
2. Arts and crafts. There are numerous fun ways to indulge your passion for art and crafts during your vacation in Weaverville, NC. Among the most prominent outlets for traditional mountain crafts are the Southern Highland Handicrafts Guild headquarters at Milepost 382 on the Blue Ridge Parkway; Allanstand Mountain Crafts in Asheville; the Stuart Nye Gallery; and the shops in the historic Grove Park Inn.
3. Clothing. Classically trained weavers from renowned crafts centers like the Penland School create hand-woven homespun fabrics, clothing, and accessories and such traditional items as Appalachian mountain shawls and comforters. Asheville jewelry designers win national awards, downtown boutiques offer handcrafted original jewelry from WNC artists, and even a custom-made hat revival has taken root.
4. Food wine specialty. Wine shop carries an extensive collection of good wines to fit any budget.
5. Gift shops are at every hand when you travel to the Western North Carolina resort of Weaverville in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
6. Jewelry. Weaverville is home to many, many fine jewelers. Stroll along Main Street and visit jewelry shops for smith-crafted one of a kind pieces in traditional and contemporary styles.
7. Outlets. Within a 30-minute drive of downtown Weaverville you will find wonderful specialty outlets.
8. Sporting goods and clothing. The Western North Carolina mountains around Weaverville and Asheville, NC support every type of outdoor adventure activities for families and for experienced adults. To accommodate mountain adventure enthusiasts, there are numerous outfitters who specialize in sporting goods and sports clothing.