Myrtle Beach is located in the beautiful Grand Strand area, a 60-mile stretch of sandy beaches along the pristine Atlantic Ocean. The city offers visitors lots of things to do in Myrtle Beach, including Myrtle Beach shows and engaging attractions like the Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach. Explore the free things to do in Myrtle Beach on your next getaway for a truly coastal experience.
1. The Beach. Myrtle Beach’s biggest attraction is, of course, the ocean. Many oceanfront hotels in Myrtle Beach provide beach towels free of charge.
2. Myrtle Beach Festivals. The Beach Blast Music Festival and Mayfest on Main kicks off the summer season.
3. Broadway at the Beach. This 360-acre outdoor entertainment and shopping complex is located in the heart of Myrtle Beach and offers a variety of things to do for Myrtle Beach visitors.
4. Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk. A stroll along the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk is a great way to experience nature in Myrtle Beach.
5. Garden City Beach Pier. The Pier at Garden City Beach is free to walk. Plus, during the summer season The Pier hosts free concerts and live bands all summer long.
6. South Carolina Hall of Fame. The Official South Carolina Hall of Fame is located at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 21st Avenue North & Oak Street.
7. Myrtle Beach Fishing Piers. There are eight piers along the beach that are great for fishing. Some favorites include Springmaid Beach Pier and Cherry Grove Fishing Pier.
8. The boardwalk, runs along Myrtle Beach’s oceanfront business district from the Second Avenue Pier to the 14th Avenue Pier.
With 8 free things to do in Myrtle Beach, vacationers can have a fun, free and memorable trip to the Grand Strand in South Carolina. Book your Myrtle Beach vacation today to experience the sun and fun available.