Sea Captain's House, a Myrtle Beach restaurant, was built in 1930 by Henry Taylor of High Point, NC. For 10+ years the Taylor family vacationed at their oceanfront beach cottage. During the 1940's, Charles W. Angle purchased the cottage, enjoying the sound of the ocean's tide until 1954 when Mrs. Nellie G. Howard purchased the cottage and began operating Howard's Manor. In 1962 the property was sold and was to be torn down and replaced with a high-rise motel. At the time, however, financing was in short supply forcing a postponement of these plans. While waiting for the financial picture to brighten, the owners decided to operate the building as a restaurant. This planned year or two of waiting has turned into over 37 years.
Over the years many have crossed the portals of the Sea Captain's House, enjoyed the superb dining, ocean view and warm southern hospitality that the Sea Captain's House offers.